Macular Degeneration Awareness week is here. To raise awareness we invite you, your family, your friends – anyone over 50 – to come in and spend 10 minutes with one of our Optometric Assistants (who are mostly QUT optometry students) for a free macular health screening and discussion using our cutting edge technology. We’ll be offering this service until the end of May – please call us on 3210 1822 to set a time with us. (Note this is not a full eye exam – we recommend a comprehensive eye exam at least every 2 years.)
– An eye exam can save your sight
– 1 in 7 Australians over 50 have some evidence of MD
– You have a 50% chance with a direct family history
– You can have the early signs without knowing
– Diet and lifestyle changes support good macular health.
Book in a short screening today, or a full eye exam with one of our optometrists to understand the whole picture of your risks for MD.
A gold coin donation for the Macular Degeneration Foundation will be appreciated.